Friday 25 July 2014

Wander

Having just returned from vacation I find it really ironic that the coin I chose this week is "Wander".  No I didn't search through all the coins to find the right one, it just came up!  Not sure what that means in  cosmic terms but there you go.

It is an appropriate one for me since I do love to travel.  I feel as if my whole life has been shaped by travel. First with the volumes of National Geographic magazines my Grandmother entertained me with, then becoming a Travel Agent for 16 years and the places I got to see doing that.  Then continuing in the airline industry in one form or another for 12 more years.

Now I travel only for fun or family and not nearly as much as I would like.  I have dreams of touring Europe like an upgraded between-semesters college student,  except with good luggage and nice hotel rooms instead of a backpack and a hostel.  But all the same just wandering around meeting the people, enjoying the sights, tasting the local flavors, enjoying the whole experience.

Wandering plays other great parts in my life:  my attention is always wandering off from the known to the unknown.  I always want to look at something I'm not looking at right now and think about other ideas than the ones pertaining to the task at hand.

The direction of my life has been affected by wandering as well.  While I'd love to say I've had "a plan"  -  nope not really. Sometimes I feel as if I've wandered my whole existence - taking in the sights, tasting the local flavors and enjoying the whole experience.

Let me hear from you on "Wander".  I really want to hear your stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment